Monday, October 13, 2008

Kids say the cutest things!

From Home pics

Today I was working from home and normally when I work from home I have to hide away in the study otherwise if I am spotted by Reece and Bryce I have had it ...... and do not get ANY work done. So today was one of the luck days where I was locked in the study for the day and I was able to escape them well until around 5:15pm when Reece came barging in and says "Ta da..... Mom may I introduce you to Bryce! Okay mom have a fun time...... bye.." Well I had a little giggle and thought I must start recording his little sayings as they are so cute lately.

Yesterday we had another show house and so we had to sweep, polish and polish again everything in the house. I am so tired of show houses and most of the time people are just nosing about so I hope we do not have anymore..... So of course we had to get out the house from 2-5pm. We went to my mom and dad. Dad made us a great lunch of Beef Strogonaff (not sure if spelt correctly but who cares.. :) ) rice, carrots & broccoli. It was great as we did not need to cook when we got home. Who would want to make a mess in the house that has just taken you all weekend to polish up? Well after lunch the kids went swimming again and again. Each time they thought they were cold they would get out for about 10 minutes and forgot all about how cold it was and were back in the pool. Reece is swimming really well but we told him to keep his arm bands on in case. Well at one stage I was chatting away to my mom when Reece came up to me and said "Mom, I could have drowned you know.......", so I looked at him oddly to find that he had removed his arm bands and jumped into the deep end and had swum across the entire length of the pool. Well my little heart skipped a couple of beats when I realised that we had been sitting RIGHT THERE and had not noticed...... Thanks goodness for swimming lessons..... Reece thought this was all a fat joke :)

On Saturday I took Reece to his first swimming lesson after the winter months. Well he had a blast and when I eventually dragged him out of the pool after a bit of play time. He jumped up and down saying "Mom, I had GREAT fun!!!!" His teacher was around and was so glad the hear him say that as they had a couple of kiddies who were not at all happy that swimming had started again.

In the afternoon we got together a picnic for the two of them and they sat in the front garden on the picnic mat eating chips, a strawberry sucker, some biscuits and a mug of Milo each. Well they had a ball so decided to try my luck again with some pictures. Well Reece was in his element he just kept on running around the garden telling me to "Please picture me.......". So I got a couple more cute shots of the two of them. I then put the sprinkler on to water the plants in the front and of course this is an invitation to the two of them to take off all of their clothes except their shoes (crocs)..... and run around like mad kids..... What a sight but I did not get any pics of them as my battery had died. Oh what fun it is to be innocent and have no cares in the world (sigh!).

From Home pics

From Home pics

From Home pics

I had a bit of a quieter week - work wise last week and so at the last minute we i.e. Heath and I decided to go to Pilansberg for a night camping so I took Thursday and Friday off. I cannot remember the last time I took a bit of leave so it was great. I will do a separate post on Pilansberg shortly to get you all up to speed.

Well have a great week.
Chat soon.
Cheers
Nix

No comments: