Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Farewll Surprise @ Rodizio's

From http://picasaweb.google.com/bedingfieldn/FarewellRodizio

I was given a surprise farewell by some of my great freinds from work. I had an idea that Heath was organising something last week with them but then nothing happened so I was very grateful at the time that he had forgotten about it as I am not the best with surprises. Well I was not expecting anything as we were supposed to be going out for a quite dinner with Deanne and John (my brother and sister-in-law). When we got to the restuarant of course it was not going to be a quite evening after all.

We all had a great time relaxing eating, drinking (lots) and of course lots and lots of dancing. My calf muscles are feeling rather tender today but then again I think that there were many tender heads this morning. Thanks to everyone who came. We really appreciate the fact that you came to enjoy the evening with us! Thanks to all.

We had two photographers for the evening i..e Deanne and Louise, I have got Deanne's photos so far and I have uploaded them onto the web - there are so many it was very difficult to choose. You will find the link to the left (Farewell at Rodizio's). If any of you cannot get access to the photo's gimme a shout and I will make a plan.


From http://picasaweb.google.com/bedingfieldn/FarewellRodizio


Heath had asked Louise to give a speech and I was so worried that would be me balling my eyes but she made it alot of fun so no crying yet! Thanks Lou. Below is the speech made by Lou and Shellee.... Thanks girls!

From http://picasaweb.google.com/bedingfieldn/FarewellRodizio


Okay we did intend for this to be brief & to the point, but this is Nicky we are talking about, there is far too much to say!!! In order not to spend hours up here, we have decided to try consolidate some of the ways Nicky has impacted us by using her name, Nicky N-I-C-K-Y.

So................................

N is for being NOBLE, she hold true to her values and shows respect for others, namely friends collegues and family (even if she laughs while making a poor soul nearly swallow a clip (i.e. my husband) or calls her son Rice (i.e. shorten both Reece and Bryce and you get Rice)
I is for being an INITIATOR - And we are not just talking about work projects here, which we are sure St Gobain have been quite thilled with anyway)
C for her CURIOUS, INQUISTIVE nature - Here's an example "Mmmm I wonder how this works, or if I just change this program a little bit!" (Who's the chancer now!!!)
K is for ...... Kick Ass - which she only does if required but of course in a subtle polite way! And you thought we are going to say KIND, but this of course is also definitely true!
And Y is ..... WHY are you leaving us????? :( - No seriously Y is for being YOU, your special spirit which we will never forget. Yes we have had some good times, we most certainly won't be short of memories. So this is to say thank you from our heart and to wish you and your family all of the very best, you certainly deserve it. We cannot wait for all of your updates and especially visits!!!!

From http://picasaweb.google.com/bedingfieldn/FarewellRodizio

Thanks to everyone and now this is on our blog it is recorded for me to check out whenever I am feeling down. Remember to come and visit us if you are ever around Perth - we would love to see you all!

Sleep tight!

Cheers
N

No comments: