Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Beautiful Friends!

It is really sad for me to leave all of my wonderful friends when I leave for Oz soon. Over these last couple of weeks it has amazed me how wonderful I have felt with all of them around me wishing Heath and I the best of luck in our new adventure. Last week Thursday as this is normally the night I go scrapping at one of the best scrapping shops in Benoni i.e Scrappin Times http://www.scrappintimes.typepad.com/. Heath and Jacki had let some of the gals know that this would be my last class for a while. Well thanks to everyone who turned out to say good-bye and also thanks to those who sent messages to say good-bye. Thanks Jacki for everything - we had a great evening with our usual chatter and loads of fun scrapping. Antoinette I will most certainly remember you each and every time we page through my scrapping albums you have been a great teacher and kept me interested throughout these last 1.5yrs which is a miracle in itself.

Then to make it even more special Jacki posted on her blog a little about me and to say she is going to miss me. Thanks Jacki for the words of encouragement - you can see the post here http://scrappintimes.typepad.com/scrappin_times/2008/11/bye-nicky-we-are-really-going-to-miss-you.html .

Plus today my great great friend Louise and her hubby Bart sent me a poem together with some words of encouragement for Heath, the boys and I. The poem was just too beautiful that I said to Louise I will post it on my blog so that I do not forget about it. Here goes:

Moment in Time
by Cynthia Kepp

We talked,

We walked,
for a Moment in Time.

You passed through my life that day and left your mark.
You may never pass my way again,
Or you may stay for a lifetime.

No matter what,
I want to say thank you for the impression you made
that will stay with me for eternity.

I enjoyed the walk,
I enjoyed the talk.
I am blessed for that moment in time.

The first time I saw you I knew you would affect my life,
though your role I did not know.
There is one thing I want you to know.
I have been blessed by the effect you had on me in that
Moment in Time.

Thank you to all of you who have also sent us words of encouragement we really appreciate it and please keep in contact as we will see you all again soon!
Have loads of fun!
Cheers
Nix

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful poem!

and we really are going to miss you, but i am so glad that i will be able to keep up at least a little, through your blog.