Sunday, January 11, 2009

One Week that has dragged!

Happy Birthday to Deanne for yesterday and to Ced for Friday! Hope that you both had a great birthday and were spoilt rotten!

This is the first week that I am back in Aus and the time has dragged. It does not help that it is the first week back at work after holidays, first week of the year without the family and the first week in a long time that I cannot sleep. The jetlag seems to have hit me this time around as I just cannot get to sleep at night anymore. At 11:00pm I am still very much awake and even reading does not put me to sleep. So hopefully next week will get better.

Work is a bit slow at the moment which also makes me think that I could have taken another week off and been at home for one extra week but now that I am here I just have to make the most of it. Nothing really exciting has happened this week other than it has been really hot this week and they say that the temp today will reach 38 degrees.

I am now tasked with looking for a place to stay and a car, but I have decided that I will more than likely wait for Heath to come over before looking for a car as I have never been the master at buying cars. So if I desperately need one I will hire one every now and again. I am also not really in the mood to look for a place to stay but I think this is all due to the lack of sleep I have had. So hopefully next week I will get my a.. into gear and start contacting some agents. I have also heard that the agents really take there time here so it could take a while before I find something.

Heath and the kids are doing well. I think Heath is happy that he has Joyce back to help a bit with the kids. I am now calling the kids every day as the other day one of my friends phoned the house and once Reece realised that it was not me he was very upset. Strange but sometimes he is so engrossed in what he is doing that he just says hello and bye mom but other days I get a little more out of him. Bryce I think does most of the talking though. They are both going back to play school next week and so should help a bit with the boredom, even though Heath takes them out everyday to play somewhere.

It takes a little getting used to the fact that the shops are not always open here in Perth as we are very spoilt in SA that most days the shops are open until 7:00pm and all day Saturday and Sunday. So I am having to plan a little better with regards to shopping. In the area that I am in the shops close at 5:00pm each day (except Thursday 9:00pm), Saturdays at 5:00pm and then Sundays nothing is open. I have since determined that the two food shops close to me i.e. Woolworths and Coles are open until 6:00pm on week nights. Often with me I realise on Sunday what I do not have and then it is too late. There are certain shops in some of the areas that are open on Sunday but a bit of a pain to get to with public transport from where I am staying. Anyway just a little adjusting and all will be fine.

Keep Well.

Cheers
N

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi! :-)