Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Well happy New Year to everyone wherever you are and we hope that you all had a great start to your New Year and that you all have the best year ahead!

I cannot believe how time has flown by but it is time again for me to catch a plane back to Aus tomorrow night. Hopefully Heath and the kids will be over very soon. I still have lots to do before they get over and that is firstly to find a place to stay in, start organising schools for the boys and getting a car. So all of this should keep me busy for a bit. Heath has his hands full as well sorting out everything here in SA so that they can get to Aus as soon as possible. So a busy start to our year already - hopefully this means that the rest of the year will be peaceful.

Thanks to all of those that I have been able to catch up with in the short time I was back and sorry to those where we were not able to make it - next time when we are back for a holiday we will make a plan :)
My mom and dad have settled in nicely in the freezing cold but are looking forward to finding a place to stay so that they can really get settled. They have organised themselves pensioners bus passes (he he he), medical and bought a car so they have done very well for themselves.


We had a small celebration at home for my birthday and also any excuse to catch up with some mates is always good. Heath had sorted out some jumping castles for the kids and some ponies to come around for an hour. Well Reece was in his element he could not believe that he had real ponies in his own garden and he could ride them for as long as he wanted! It was just great to see the surprised look when they arrived.
Bryce had loads of fun in the jumping castle throwing balls and butt naked - just up his alley! All in all it was a great day and even better that we were given the chance to catch up with everyone.
At the end of the evening Reece decided that he did not only want xmas decorations on the tree but his favourite giraffe alos had to be decorated so after attacking the tree for the decorations he was then able to complete the exercise of decorating his giraffe. The giraffe stayed like that until this morning when he then decided that xmas was over and his giraffe was allowed to return to normal.New Year has been a quite one for us as we have just spent it at home as a family which has been great and I have been given the opportunity to go through each room and sort out the stuff we will be taking with us to Aus. The kids are a bit confused on why I would be removing some of their toys - It is amazing that half of them they have not played with in years but now that I want to send them off to charity they now suddenly want to play with them. Anyway they have now played with the toys again and are happy for them to go to less fortunate children. So now that I have been through each room my dustbins are overflowing with rubbish and my guest room looks like a bomb has hit it with all of the bags lying around. We have only been in this house for 5 1/2 yrs and I cannot believe how much rubbish we have collected over that time!

Anyway have a great New Year and I will catch up with you all again through email, facebook and will do my best to blog as often as possible.

Keep in touch.
Cheers
N

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to let you know that i love your blog posts, and hearing about what is going on in your life.

i appreciate the effort, and i read every post!

missing you my friend!