Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Very Lucky........

A couple of weeks ago I had a very blonde moment and knew that I should not have got out of bed in the morning. I got ready for work even though I was NOT in the mood and raced out the door as I was eventually very late. As I was so late I needed to catch two buses into the office instead of my normal one. I climbed on the bus with all my bags and then got off a couple of stops later without.... wait for this.... my handbag! Yip - I left my handbag on the bus!!! How stupid could I be???? (okay no one needs to answer that). So you can just guess I had left my wallet and mobile on the bus BUT luckily I was still holding onto my bus pass so I could at least continue my trip to work!!! I was so shocked I had no idea what to do.... so I climbed on my connecting bus to the city and then I went to the transport office to tell them. Well, did I feel stupid telling the guy that I had left my handbag on the bus. He was not so friendly to start with - but in the end he was telling me " Once he had a couple report that they had left their parents who were french and did not know a word of English on the bus" - not sure if this was to make me fell better or worse!

Anyway in the end he could not get through to the lost property office and gave me the number to try. So by the time I got into the office and close to a phone it was close on 4o minutes that my handbag had been driving around alone! I called lost property only to hear a very big sigh from the woman on the other end telling me I would be very lucky if I would ever see it again - which I knew but the least I could do was give it a shot!

Now as my phone was on the bus travelling around in my bag and I currently was doing support at the head office I had to give Heath's number as a contact. This meant I had to also phone Heath and tell him how blonde I had been! Thank goodness I did not have any bank cards in my wallet as these had been left at home.... what luck!

At 3:00pm I phoned Heath to check if he had heard from the bus lost property dept and can you believe it my beloved handbag had been FOUND! I had to fetch it from the head office the next morning and I also could not believe that EVERYTHING was still in there!!

Very very lucky!!! Now each time I take the bus I double-check, triple check BEFORE I get off! Hopefully my lesson is learnt.

Cheers
N

No comments: