Monday, September 21, 2009

Reece's Sports Day!

Reece had his first inter-school sports day on Tuesday last week. I was sick in bed and had no idea my child was running in any race. Well Heath came home to tell me that Reece had run in a race and came 4th! I could not believe my ears as Reece does run around alot but when it comes to actual sport he will come up with a million excuses, plus to top it all he did not have proper running shoes on so all in all he did well for himself. We then found out that all kids have to take part in the day.

He was so excited when he left in the morning as they dress up in there various faction colours. Reece is in the blue faction (which in the end they came 2nd overall). Heath had found some blue gel to put in his hair and this was the best part of the whole morning. He got dressed in record time as only then could the gel be put in his hair. In the pics below -there is still a little left in his hair.
So once he got home he had me outside taking pictures of him for his Granny, Nana and Grandpa. I don't think he could believe it himself that he came somewhere in a race. But the cutest was that just before he went to sleep that night he said to me "Mom - I actually wanted to be second!". His one friend came first and I think he was quite happy that he came first but would have enjoyed being second!

Then on Friday the school had a fun raiser and organised a "disco". The kids from kindy to year 3 went to the disco for the first hour and then the rest of the school attended for the last 2 hours. It was very well organised and oh so cute to see these little one's dancing around to the latest pop music. Typically the girls were all dancing while the boys were clowning about but have an absolute ball! Reece had no idea what a disco was and could not understand why he had to rush to get to a disco as he had no idea what it was all about! Well now he does and will be better prepared for next year!

All the best.
Cheers
N

No comments: