Monday, August 17, 2009

Big long Update!

Well I cannot believe it has been forever since I have updated the blog but life at work has been hectic and the last thing I felt like doing was working on a computer when I get home at night. So what has happened in our lives in the last couple of months:


I have been to Singapore and back twice, in the end I spent three weeks in Singapore which started out as two weeks. The first week did not go so well, as we did not finish what had been planned. The second week was great and the third week was to catch up on the first. My project is going live in November so we are now ramping up big time and it has been hectic. Some days at work I realise that I have only had about two cups of tea and just never seem to get a chance to get to the loo.... well thank goodness I do not drink more tea....!!!! I have been to Singapore a couple of times already and cannot wait to take Heath and the boys as I am sure they will love it. It is not really the kind of place I could spend weeks and weeks on holiday but about 4-5 days and I think you would have got around most of the main sites. Life in Singapore revolves around shopping, ummm shopping and umm more shopping.... oh and sorry food! There are plenty plenty shopping centres and each time I go there it there seems like another one has been built. So I had one weekend in Singapore this last trip and a couple of us on the project went to the zoo - it was amazing, the best I have been to so far it would have been even better if Heath and the boys were with me. The rest of the weekend I relaxed as much as I could and then browsed around - you guessed it - the shops!


Well in the last week that I went back to Singapore Heath and the boys flew off to South Africa for 4 weeks as it was school holidays here and Heath needed to sort out a couple of things with regards to the house etc in SA. We still have not sold the house and there is a possibility of renting it so hold thumbs! They all had a good time, apart from Heath getting sick in the first week and Bryce for a couple of weeks and it was apparently freezing cold which I am sure all of you in sunny SA already know.

As I had already been away for two weeks and was only back for the week-end before I flew out and they flew out it felt like forever before they were back home in Perth again. They were in SA for 4 weeks so of course in this period I was just miserable as I missed them all so much, plus in Perth the weather was miserable cold, wet and rainy so this did not help my mood so therefore no blog update.


Anyway I was very happy to see them back a couple of weeks ago. Reece went back to school and so we are back into the school mode again. He has been accepted into year 1 for next year so at least one less thing to worry about, so we are happy about that.


We also heard that Bryce has been accepted into kindy from next year which we are very happy about but he is over the moon that he is going to school again! In kindy they only go for two days a week so we have to choose between Mon & Wed or Tues & Thurs. We have also enrolled Bryce into a little sports program where he gets to try out various ball sports to see which one he enjoys. If he sees Rugby on TV he tells me mom I want to play "rr-be" and then gets very upset with me if I change the channel..... but he is also very happy to play soccer but he likes the idea of rugby as he can kick the ball "very high in the sky" as he tells us. Bryce is also becoming a budding little chef. He cannot wait for us to start making supper as he just wants to help with everything - quite sweet but sometimes quite a mission getting supper cooked in time....


Generally since the boys have been back from SA most week-ends it has been raining so mostly we have snuggled up at home and tried to relax as much as possible. The boys got little scooters and have been driving us mad pushing them around the house and every little opportunity that the sun shines - could be a max of 30 minutes we race down to the park and then they get rid of their energy.... well some of it!


Oh and to top the busy working weeks I am trying to organise a party for Reece. I cannot believe that he is turning 6 already! He is so excited and is counting down the days. We have planned a "Dinosaur Dig" whereby a party organiser comes to the party and runs everything for us so not too much for us to do. With kids parties here most of the time they are in a park and the kids are so busy playing that they do not think about eating so generally most moms do not put much out for the kids to eat, just a few small snacks for the parents who stay (which is normally not that many) and that is that. Very simple actually - well I say that now.....wait till next week.


Lastly I have to tell you all about my first experience of shopping from the verge. Now in Australia they have a "Verge collection". This is your opportunity to chuck out anything that does not work or anything that you do not want anymore. So instead of taking your stuff to a dump or a charity you will put this on the verge. You are only allowed to do this about 1 week before the collection takes place. Then everyone in the neighbourhood or any in general can come along and "shop for free" from your verge. Well for me this was a very weird experience but anyway another South African woman who lives down the road from me asked if I would like to walk around with her and check what the neighbours are chucking out... not too sure about this I accepted ... we went around the corner when I saw a microwave - "which I have been shopping around for @ the shops of course!" it looked in very good condition so we decided to keep on looking and come back on our trip back home. Her little boy found a scooter and a couple of fun toys..... on our trip home we picked up the microwave and took it home.(giggling like two naughty girls of course). I seriously felt like I was stealing ... but anyway once I got home we cleaned it up and switched it on.... so I now have a working microwave in my kitchen for FREE. I have heard of many youngsters in Aus who find all that is needed to kit themselves out in a home once they are leaving home.... all for FREE.


We have also been really bad in taking pictures so hopefully with the next post I will have some new pics of us.


Lots of love
All of us
N H R B
www.heathandnicky@blogspot.com

No comments: