Saturday, February 28, 2009

Moving Again

Well as mentioned last week I found a place to stay south of the river in an area called Applecross. So our new address is 20A Lilian Avenue, Applecross, WA, 6153. It is a 4 bedroomed home so we have space for any visitors as well (hint hint). Well at the moment since Heath and the kids are not here I will be rattling around the place until they arrive. I will be moving in around middle of March i.e. if I have organised enough furniture to stay in the place by then. I am in the process of buying bits and pieces but have not got everything together yet.

We have some rain here over the last two days which has been great as it is really needed to cool the temperature down, plus there have been some big fires in the country regions around WA (Western Australia). The fires are not nearly as big as the fires in Victoria which are still burning after 3 weeks now. It is so terrible to see so many people without homes. I make sure I do not complain when I say I have to start again but at least I still have my family as so many people lost their families.

In the time that I have been here I have had to learn the Aussie way and below are a couple of examples:
  • Far out - Really?
  • Yobbo - Idiot
  • Chook - Chicken
  • Doona - Duvet
  • Freo - Freemantle (Town in WA)
  • Hoon - Hooligan
  • Icy pole - popsicle
  • Kindie - Kindergarten
  • Mate - buddy or friend
  • Swag - rolled up bedding - sleeping bag
  • Rego - Vehicle registration
  • Servo - Petrol station
  • Sunnies - Sunglasses
  • Uni - University
  • Ute - Utility vehicle (Our bakkie in SA)

This week has been a little more exciting as I got my laptop from work so I am able to get skype loaded so that I can start chatting to everyone through skype. Got to connect and see the kids the other day but our connection was not the best but still got to see the kids and Heath. Will get much better as well when I move into our place and then get everything ready for when the rest of the fandamily come over.

Other than that I do not have much news - hope you are all keeping well.

Cheers

N

No comments: