Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More of Oz!

Well over the last two days I have seriously tested the public transport and must say it works and it works well. On Monday I plotted a route to work and home with no problems to report. Today I had to find a way back home from Perth City centre and again I was very successful so it really does work! Wow the city centre is beautiful! So clean and fresh! I was not in the city for long but I was on the 42nd floor of the main office building with a view across to Freemantle Harbour and around. I wish I had my camera to take a picture but then again not sure how I would have taken a picture of such a panoramic view. Still not as beautiful as Cape Town though! Looks like we have lots of exploring to do around the city but I will leave that for another day.

One thing I can say is that you have to have LOTS of patience here in Perth. Everything happens very slowly.... I don’t think I have been to one meeting yet were we start on time everyone is still walking in 5 minutes after it should have started. They are all quite happy to queue up for something with no stress at all! If you see someone rushing about you immediately know they are not a local! I was taken to the bank today to open up an account and as we walked in the queue was nearly out the door but there was not one stressed face around – everyone takes it in their stride!!!! So lots of getting used to for me as I am so used to rushing about for anything and everything! Plus they take family life VERY seriously, as most people are finished work by 4:30pm. I came back from a meeting yesterday @ 4:30pm and when I got back into the office it was empty! – this is a SAP project I thought and there is nobody around at 4:30pm (including all project managers had gone home!!!!!). As I got home I saw a family across the road (at around 6:00pm) all getting ready for their usual afternoon cycle around the park. What a life!

So all in all my experience of Perth has been a positive one with not too many hassles.......

No comments: